This Trail Orienteering Event Advisers Clinic is organised for the education and recruitment
of new IOF licensed Trail Orienteering Event Advisers. The clinic also serves as a refresher
for current IOF Event Advisers. National orienteering federations are asked to identify and
enter suitable candidates.
Organiser: IOF Trail Orienteering Commission and IOF Rules Commission, in collaboration with O-Ringen Academy
Date & time: 22 July, afternoon
23 July, whole day
Venue: Kristianstad, Sweden
Course Objectives: The main objective of this IOF Trail Orienteering Event Advisers’
Clinic is to prepare participants to be licensed IOF Trail Orienteering
Event Advisers. The clinic is also recommended for already licensed
Event Advisers who wish to get the latest updates regarding the
controlling of IOF major events.
Requirements: The requirements for licensing are:
1. Be an active and experienced trail orienteer.
2. Have competed in trail orienteering in countries other than your own.
3. Have successfully controlled or played a major part in the organisation of national or international standard trail orienteering events in the last 3 years.
4. Be competent in the English language.
5. Have attended, and have been an active participant in, an IOF Trail Orienteering Event Advisers Clinic.
6. Be familiar with the Competition Rules for IOF Trail Orienteering Events and other relevant publications.
7. Be recognised as an expert in trail orienteering and endorsed as suitable by your federation.
Course content: - Understanding of the task of an IOF Trail Orienteering Event Adviser.
- Deeper understanding of the nature of orienteering and each format of trail orienteering (PreO and TempO).
- Understanding of the IOF Competition Rules for trail orienteering and the requirements for international competition.
Accommodation It is the participants own responsibility to arrange accommodation.
Meals The organiser is planning for a possibility for clinic participants to eat lunch together with special prices. More information will follow after
Travel Kristianstad can be reached by car or train.
Material The following IOF publications will be used at the clinic:
Competition Rules for IOF Trail Orienteering Events
Technical Guidelines for Elite Trail Orienteering
International Specification for Orienteering Maps, ISOM
International Specification for Sprint Orienteering Maps, ISSOM
IOF International Specification for Control Descriptions
The Leibnitz Convention
IOF Protocol Guide
IOF Jury Guidelines
The material is available at the IOF website www.orienteering.org and shall be read through beforehand.
Course leader Owe Fredholm, IOF Council member Martin Fredholm, IOF Trail Orienteering Commission member
Programme The programme and times are preliminary.
Tuesday 22nd July
15:00 – 18:00 Lectures
Wednesday 23rd July
10:00 – 13:00 Terrain exercises on the courses from the 3rd stage of O-Ringen
13:00 – 14:00 Lunch break
14:00 – 18:00 Terrain exercises or lectures
Deadline for entries 23rd of June 2014
Entries Please send your entry by email to email@example.com
Note the requirement for endorsement by the national federation. It is generally best if the delegate sends the entry form to the federation who endorse it and send it to the clinic organiser.
Entries are restricted to 3 participants per federation. Additional entries can be considered on request, however. There will be no participation limit for current IOF Event Advisers.
Entry fee The entry fee is 50 Euro.
This shall be paid on arrival, or in advance. An invoice can be sent to the federation, or directly to the delegate if needed.
Info For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Notizia inserita dalla Segreteria Generale